Pages

Tree Words

Tree Words

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Climbing Mount Everest


Climbing Mount Everest was a challenge with no research given, and no researched arranged.
I was not geared up... I was not aware how high the mountain was...
I climbed... but could never see a sign of reaching the top... 
At times it felt this mountain was the size of the universe...
There was no ending which made me forget there was a beginning...
Walking was becoming a norm with lost hope on reaching my destiny, yet turning back was not an option with the distance I had walked..
As I walk...
The journey kept becoming rough and steep..
Crying day and night, asking why did I put myself into climbing this mountain... Why was the heavy burden put on me...
What did I do to deserve this pain...
With no answers I kept going...
Every time when I was giving up because of dehydration, I would bump into a puddle of fresh spring water.
The water was so refreshing, it always gave me strength to keep going.
As I walked, I would stumble into rocks, step on twigs that would cut deep into my feet, causing great wounds that would leave scars.
I would always feel like giving up at that point...
But how could I just give up when giving up was almost suicidal.
I gained more strength from that thoughts...
Giving myself away to mountain lions was not an option...
So I kept walking...
Unexpectedly...
When I was about to give up hope on this destination, I see the top of the mountain...
With excitement and happiness, my body became numb with the adrenaline rush flowing in my body.
I suddenly got this energy, ran up the mountain top.
The pain in my body from tiredness...
The wounds from the cuts...
Did not exist no more, mentally..
I reached my destination of climbing the mountain.
I’m on the top...
I’m in pain...
Wounded...
Drained...

God please help me heal my pain and wounds. Help me regain my strength, so I can walk with you because I have been so lost without you and want to walk with you together forever...

Buhle Brightness Dlamini

No comments:

Post a Comment